The weather is FINALLY warming up here in Portland, and the sun is out more! I LOVE summer in Oregon…because since it rains most of the year, when it’s hot in the summer, it’s still nice and green!
Summer isn’t my favorite season (I’m an Autumn girl all the way) so I thought it would be fun to make a little summer bucket list to get me excited. And, it’s my first summer married so I want to make the most of it with my hubs!
- HIKE to three waterfalls I haven’t seen before
- Visit as many Farmers Markets as possible
- Find the perfect pair of knee-length shorts (this is a real dilemma for me, haha)
- Go to a country concert
- Visit family in Utah (we’re actually doing this soon!)
- DON’T get sunburned
- Visit the Oregon Coast at least a couple of times
- Go to the drive-in movies
- Read a really good book (send me your suggestions!)
- Go camping with my hubby
I can’t wait to get to work on it!
Another reason why summer isn’t my favorite is I don’t always know how to dress for the heat. Being LDS (Mormon), it’s sometimes hard to dress modestly in the summer. Enter this peplum t-shirt from Code & Clare! It’s flowy, comfortable and still cute! I love the muted sage green color and the pattern.
Since it’s a bit longer in the back, it can be paired with leggings, and it looks just as cute with shorts or dressed up with a skirt and heels!
Shirt: c/o Code & Clare // Pants: H&M (old) // Sandals: Payless // Hat: Target
Check out the rest of their shop for some adorable clothes for your summer wardrobe!
And what’s on your summer bucket list? Let me know in the comments!